In line with our mission as a Catholic leader in the global movement for justice and peace, NETWORK’s issue agenda is informed by the principles of Catholic Social Teaching  and the lived experience of real people.
New congressional priorities may influence our day-to-day work, but never our goals or principles. Since our founding almost 45 years ago, we at NETWORK have focused our advocacy work on legislation that will benefit the 100% instead of just the rich and powerful. In accordance with the Catholic social justice tradition, we act to create a society that promotes justice and the dignity of all in the shared abundance of God’s creation.
Like Pope Francis, we also seek to bring people together and to end inequality. As he wrote: “… today we also have to say ‘thou shalt not’ to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills.”(11/24/13, no. 53)
Today, we know that our nation must:
- Strengthen the safety net while changing structures that cause poverty
- Craft a faithful budget that benefits the 100%
- Secure healthcare for all
- Protect and expand policies that support immigrants
- Promote nonviolent solutions to conflict
- Encourage a just U.S. trade policy
- Ensure the inclusion of the 100% in our democracy and our society.
NETWORK's legislative agenda for 2015 can be viewed here .