The Affordable Care Act, signed into law on March 23, 2010, is a historic step towards affordable quality healthcare for all in our nation.
Because of the complexity of our healthcare system, the law itself is complex, and many of its provisions are phased in over several years.
NETWORK recommends the following resources to help you understand the benefits of the new law, and help educate others about the law:
- Health Reform Hits Main Street  -- a great 9-minute animated video from the Kaiser Family Foundation. Highly recommended for all audiences.
- NETWORK's two-page summary  of the Affordable Care Act
- Presentation on the ACA  -- a short (13 slides) PowerPoint presentation on the Affordable Care Act. For individual or group use.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions  about the healthcare law
- People's Healthcare Stories  -- video with stories from three families about their healthcare situations.
- HealthcareandYou.org  - a site put together by some of some of our country’s leading organizations that represent consumers, patients, physicians, nurses, hospitals and pharmacists.