July 9, 2012: Governor Rick Perry (R) has rejected federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With Republican majorities in the legislature, there is much work to do, but there have been 22 different versions of Medicaid expansion bills filed in the legislature.
Ways to Get Involved:
- Contact your state representative and senator  and Governor Perry  and let them know you support health coverage for working families!
- We have a large team in Texas, but we need more members! We currently have team members from Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, and El Paso. To be a part of this team, email Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
Past Actions Taken:
- April 17, 2013: Sr. Simone Campbell and other Texas Nuns on the Bus from throughout the state bused to Austin to hold a rally and meet with their legislators. A group of Catholic Sisters also met with Governor Perry's office. Read about it here  and see pictures here! 
- April 9, 2013: Rally and lobby day with folks from all over the state, including members of the Voice of the Poor, the TX Catholic Network, and the TX Catholic Conference. San Antonio activists joined the Archiocesan Life, Peace, and Advocacy Office on a bus to Austin for this event.
- April 1, 2013: Governor Perry and Senators Cornyn and Cruz held a press conference on why they are opposed to Medicaid expansion. Advocates rallied in the rotunda protesting Gov. Perry's position. Also, Congressman Joaquin Castro, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, and others held a press conference in support of Medicaid expansion.
- March 5, 2013: Ecumenical Lobby Day at the Capitol: A large coalition of groups rallied at the Captiol in support of Medicaid expansion. Read more  about this event and check out some great photos! 
- January 22, 2013: A NETWORK member and board member sent a letter to Governor Perry and her legislators, urging them to accept this federal money.
- One page fact-sheet on enrollment, eligibility, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Texas.pdf 
- Interactive: Economic Impact of Medicaid Expansion by Legislative District 
- New Medicaid Coverage Will Free Up $1.2 Billion in Available General Revenue in 2014-2015 Biennium 
- Expansion Would Generate $100 billion in Federal Money and Cover 2 Million Texans: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/gop-obamacare-medicaid_n_2347933.html 
- Dallas County Commisioners Endorse Expansion: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/communit