February 13, 2013: Governor Scott Walker (R) has rejected accepting federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With Republican majorities in the legislature, there is much work to do!
Ways to Get Involved:
- The Joint Finance Committee will be considering whether or not to accept federal funding to extend coverage under BadgerCare on Thursday May 23. Now is the time to contact these legislators and let them know you want them to accept this federal funding. To contact members of the Joint Finance Committee, go here .
- To help lobby Gov. Walker and Wisconsin legislators, please email Sr. Mary Ellen at email@example.com .
- One page fact-sheet on enrollment, eligibility, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Wisconsin.pdf 
- Economic Benefits: http://familiesusa2.org/assets/pdfs/medicaid-expansion/Wisconsin.pdf 
- Gov. Walker Says "No": http://host.madison.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/scott-walker-rejects-medicaid-expansion-proposes-alternate-plan-to-cover/article_3bf0f724-7617-11e2-b2aa-0019bb2963f4.html 
- By the numbers: http://www.mhawisconsin.org/Data/Sites/1/media/PublicPolicy/ca-ppi---phixe---expand-medicaid-1-pager.pdf