NETWORK is seeking to hire
Race and Racial Equity Consultant/Team
Proposal Deadline: February 5, 2021 I Project Timeline: February 2021-June 2022
Download Request for Proposals as a PDF.
NETWORK seeks to hire a consultant or firm to assist us in the process of embedding racial equity and justice at every level in our organization, including with the Board of Directors, through the development and implementation of a racial equity transformation plan.
Anticipated Scope of Work and Deliverables
Work with Leadership, the members of the Racial Justice Circle, and the Board of Directors’ Racial Justice Ad Hoc Committee to:
- Develop a foundational rationale explaining why a racial equity transformation is mission critical for the organization
- Conduct an organizational assessment of NETWORK’s support for and readiness to engage in a racial equity transformation, identifying areas that need to be addressed through a racial equity lens
- Review organizational policies and practices, programmatic and operational planning process, governance decision-making process, strategic planning, etc.
- Develop a racial equity transformation plan that establishes, imbeds and operationalizes a racial justice and equity lens at every level of organizational life, including governance, internal operations, policy and lobby agenda, communications, development, grassroots mobilization, and external partnerships
- Develop a learning plan and curriculum to ensure that everyone has a deep and shared understanding of racial equity and how to integrate a racial equity lens in our work
- Design and support a comprehensive organization-wide implementation of the racial equity transformation plan
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate outcomes and goals for the first year of the racial equity transformation
- Develop an evaluation system, including identifying core competencies for each position and job responsibility, as well as for the Board
- Assist in implementing comprehensive racial equity and social justice evaluations of program work, including the policy agenda, communications, fundraising and grassroots mobilization
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- A demonstrated strong commitment to equity and justice in all areas: race, gender, age, LGBTQ, ability, income, etc.
- A proven record of accomplishment as a change agent, working with organizations to internalize and implement racial equity and justice lens and values
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and understanding of racial equity and justice as well as non-profit organizational culture, development, and change
- Possess excellent facilitator skills and experience working with diverse and inclusive groups
- Previous experience with faith-based organizations
How to apply:
Send a proposal via e-mail by February 5, 2021 to email@example.com. Responses to this request should be no more than 10 pages and include the item(s) listed in the Request for Proposals as a single PDF. Download Request for Proposals as a PDF.