Senior Grassroots Mobilization Organizer
Catherine works to strengthen our network of advocates across the country—mobilizing supporters, conducting trainings, and building new partnerships as our Grassroots Mobilization Coordinator. Prior to coming to Network, she worked to organize congregations in Austin, Texas around immigrant worker justice issues. She later served as the Site Coordinator of the Boston Food Justice Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) Program—helping both program volunteers and local congregations to learn about and engage food justice issues. Catherine also has experience working with children and youth experiencing varying mental health conditions and believes that everyone should have access to high-quality, affordable healthcare. She graduated from The College of Wooster where she was a History major and Latin American Studies and Spanish double minor.
Where she finds inspiration for work:
• Learning about past social justice movements and leaders
• Hearing the stories of people currently experiencing injustices
What she loves outside of NETWORK:
• Visiting farm stands and trying new recipes with local produce
• Spending time in nature with family or friends
• Anything related to the “Hamilton” musical
What she loves about DC:
• She loves being surrounded by so many “movers and shakers” and am excited to do some “moving and shaking” of herown! Also, the museums are pretty incredible.
Originally from: New Jersey/Delaware