Founded by Catholic Sisters in 1972, in the spirit of the Second Vatican Council, NETWORK is an inclusive, national, Catholic advocacy organization open to all who share our values, working to achieve equity and justice for everyone.
Grounded in Gospel values and the Catholic social justice tradition, NETWORK transforms our society by shaping federal policies that achieve racial, economic, and social justice; serve the common good; and honor the dignity of all.
Responding to the signs of the times, as a recognized moral leader and a trusted Catholic voice, by 2028 NETWORK will mobilize a diverse national movement of justice-seekers—a beloved community—who will consistently exercise their power to influence federal policies that dismantle systemic racism, center equity and reparatory justice, achieve economic justice, secure our democracy, and protect our common home.
We are committed to centering racial justice and equity at the heart of our political ministry and to holding ourselves accountable to communities of color inside and outside of our organization, in order to dismantle systemic racism in our society.
As an organization founded by Catholic Sisters and open to all who share our passion, we:
- Engage in the ongoing work to become a multicultural anti-racist organization.
- Value women’s leadership.
- Welcome and affirm members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Accept and appreciate people from diverse religious as well as secular backgrounds.
We live out Sister-Spirit when we…
- Listen with curiosity and humility, and are open to learning.
- Root our understanding in encounter, not ideology.
- Approach situations and people with hope and welcome.
- Act out of a grounded spirituality rooted in contemplation and reflection.
- Pursue Gospel justice with joy and persistence.
- Prioritize the well-being of others, especially those at the margins.
- Work collaboratively in community, not “presiding over.”
- See our co-workers, Board members, and everyone as people first, not just roles.
- Trust our instincts, are bold, and are willing to do the unpopular.
- Celebrate together, use humor, and are feisty.
View our recent 990s, as well as copies of our W-9 and our original tax-exempt letter.