As the Digital Coordinator, Elissa is involved in email communications, website management, advocacy platforms and digital communications strategy. She brings political campaign, digital marketing and community organizing experience to NETWORK’s Communications team. She has been a lay leader in Catholic churches in California, Northern Virginia and Washington, DC. Some ministry work she’s enjoyed includes: accompanying high school students on summer mission trips, co-chairing silent auction fundraisers and advocating for social justice with her current parish, St. Augustine Catholic Church in Washington, DC.
Where do you find inspiration for your work?
• My late grandmother who migrated from Florida in the 1950s for a better life in New England
What do you love outside of work?
• Watch and play sports, especially tennis, soccer, and baseball
• Spend time with my husband, three children and my dog
• I watch Jeopardy every night with my husband
“Why do you like D.C.?”
• Great restaurants, rich Black history and beautiful churches.
Originally from: Groton, CT