March 31st is the Deadline to Enroll in Health Insurance: Are You, Your Family, and Your Friends Covered?
Shantha Ready Alonso
Mar 10, 2014
I hope you’ve got your calendar open because you’re going to want to draw a big circle around March 31st.That’s the final deadline for anyone who is uninsured to get health coverage, and avoid having to pay a fine for not having health insurance. Purchasing health insurance is a big decision, and while you decide on whether to sign up or encourage a friend to sign up today, consider this: Nearly six in 10 uninsured Americans could payless than $100 per month for health care coverage.
To find out what benefits are available for you and your family, please visit www.healthcare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Open enrollment ends Monday, March 31st
Please see below for a quick rundown on the most important things to know:
- Plans cannot reject individuals with pre-existing conditions: https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-i-have-a-pre-existing-health-condition/
- Plans must cover preventive health services: https://www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-preventive-care-benefits/
- What income levels qualify for lower premiums: https://www.healthcare.gov/how-can-i-save-money-on-marketplace-coverage/
- Penalty for not having healthcare coverage 2014 and beyond: https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-someone-doesnt-have-health-coverage-in-2014/
- Penalty Exemptions: https://www.healthcare.gov/exemptions/
- Five levels of coverage to choose from: https://www.healthcare.gov/how-do-i-choose-marketplace-insurance/