Anne Marie is one of the Government Relations Associates for NETWORK for the 2019-2020 year. Anne Marie recently graduated from the University of Notre Dame, with degrees in International Economics, Political Science, and German. Anne Marie also served as a Resident Assistant during her senior year at Notre Dame, as well as played the saxophone in the marching band. Before joining NETWORK, Anne Marie interned at the Alabama Policy Institute, where she wrote articles and lobbied on various topics including civil asset forfeiture, juvenile justice, and tax reform. Anne Marie also worked for the Municipal Court and Magistrate’s Office for the City of Vestavia, Alabama. Anne Marie has a background in community service, volunteering at First Light Center for Homeless Women and Children in Birmingham, Alabama, as well as La Casa de Amistad and the Robinson Community Learning Center in South Bend, Indiana.
Where do you find inspiration for your work?
• Knowing that this work has real-world impacts
• Seeing the NETWORK staff engage in politics and collaborate to create to change
What do you love outside of work?
• Watch Notre Dame and Alabama football games
• Watch anything in the Marvel Universe
• Spend quality time with friends
Originally from: Birmingham, Alabama
Why do you like D.C.?
• It is a fun and engaging city where anyone can come to make change.