NETWORK’s Virtual Lobby Day on Capitol Hill!
May 11-12, 2021
NETWORK is thrilled to host our first Virtual Lobby Day on Capitol Hill! NETWORK’s new Executive Director, Mary Novak and justice-seekers from across the country will be joining us to introduce our elected officials to our Build Anew Agenda and advocate for the House to pass the EQUAL Act, legislation that addresses systemic racism in our nation’s justice system by ending sentencing disparities for drug use. Passing the EQUAL Act is a necessary step towards dismantling white supremacy and will help us cultivate inclusive community, root our economy in solidarity, and ultimately transform our politics.
NETWORK Virtual Lobby Day on Capitol Hill
Kick-Off Rally: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
at 7:00 PM Eastern/4:00 PM Pacific
Lobby Day: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Once you’ve registered for the Lobby Day, NETWORK staff will schedule your lobby visit and connect you with other justice seekers in your Congressional district.
The day before, on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 7:00 PM Eastern/4:00 PM Pacific, we will kick off our lobby day with a special virtual event featuring elected officials and other guest speakers.
Preparing for the Virtual Lobby Day
The following webinar and lobby training were recorded for NETWORK activists. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.
Webinar: Justice Reform and EQUAL Act Policy Update
Virtual Lobby Day Training
Materials for Your Lobby Visit
- Lobby Day Planning Sheet. Use this document to prepare with your group for your visit.
- Build Anew Policy Agenda. You will share this with your House member’s office
- EQUAL Act leave behind. You will share this with your House member’s office
- EQUAL Act talking points. This is an internal document that you and your group will use to expand upon points in the leave behind. Please do not share.
- Lobby Day Report-Back Form. It is very important for NETWORK to hear how your visit went, as it informs our lobbyists’ strategy. Please have one member of your team fill out this form by Friday, May 14.