Census Partnerships and Outreach
The Census Bureau is undertaking nation-wide outreach efforts, including communications campaigns with paid advertising, partnerships with local organizations, and targeted outreach to immigrant and faith-based organizations. The Census Bureau has many opportunities to help your community or the community you serve be accurately counted so you will not miss out on critical funding and congressional representation for the next decade. The Census Bureau is looking for partnerships now across government, non-profit, corporate and community organizations to spread the message and mobilize to support the goal of a fair and accurate count.
As this effort grows, the Census Bureau is also recruiting and hiring people to fill paid Partnership Specialist positions across the country. Partnership Specialists collaborate with Census partners, planning, developing, and managing the partnership agreements and coordinating with partners throughout the entire census time frame. This work needs to start soon, so it’s important for the success of the 2020 Census to get the word out now about opportunities to be a Census partner or Partnership Specialist.
Learn more about Census Bureau outreach efforts and how you can get involved:
- Share the Census Bureau job postings with your networks: https://www.census.gov/about/census-careers/opportunities/positions/region-field/partnership-specialist.html
- Download the Community Outreach Toolkit to tailor census outreach for the people you serve. The toolkit outlines four barriers identified as particularly common reasons for not completing the census. Census partners are uniquely positioned to break down these barriers and ensure the people you care about are counted: https://www.census.gov/partners/toolkit.pdf
- Sign-up for updated resources and opportunities to partner with the U.S. Census Bureau: https://www.census.gov/partners/join.html
- Follow the U.S. Census Bureau on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date with Census news and share Census content
- View and share Census Bureau data visualizations and info graphics
- Find out if your state or congressional district includes hard-to-count populations with this interactive mapping tool: https://www.censushardtocountmaps2020.us/