Learn – Connect – Celebrate
Register for the NETWORK Advocates Training and Gala!
In honor of NETWORK’s 50th Anniversary, we invite you to Washington, D.C. for three days of workshops, trainings, and community building. The NETWORK Advocates Training will equip justice-seekers from across the country with the tools and skills to educate, organize, and lobby for economic, racial, and social justice.
NETWORK Advocates Training and Gala
Thursday, April 21-Saturday, April 23, 2022
The Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
*All attendees must show proof of vaccination and masks will be required indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status, except when actively eating or drinking.*
REGISTER NOW The first 100 justice-seekers to register will receive a free T-shirt!
What to Expect at the Advocates Training:
- Connect with a deeper understanding of your own self-interest and what brings you to the work
- Practice using NETWORK messaging and communicating our Build Anew policy agenda, especially how these policies impact Black, Brown, and Native American families
- Strengthen your relationships with other NETWORK members in your state, as well as NETWORK staff
- If you are already part of existing Advocates Team, develop skills to effectively step into new leadership roles within your team
- Receive a copy of NETWORK’s brand-new Advocates Handbook!
- Attend NETWORK’s 50th Anniversary Gala: Justice Ablaze on Friday night
- Meet fellow justice-seekers and become more confident in your advocacy and organizing skills
Choose Your Advocates Training Track:
- Foundational. This track is for those who are newer to NETWORK or interested in joining an Advocates Team
- Experienced. This track is for those who have been active with NETWORK for a few years and are ready to deepen their commitment.
- Leadership. This is for those who are leaders and potential leaders of their Advocates Teams, as well as those who have been advocating with NETWORK for many years.
Feel free to reach out to a member of the Grassroots Mobilization Team or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some guidance or have questions.
Thursday, April 21
1:00 PM Welcome and Build Anew Plenary
2:30 PM Organizing Training
4:15 PM Workshop #1
5:30 PM Dinner
6:45 PM Workshop #2
8:00 PM Prayer and Refection, followed by a social
Friday, April 22
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM Racial Justice Plenary
10:45 AM Workshop #3
1:15 PM Policy Briefing
2:00 PM Lobby Visit Prep
3:30 PM Break
6:00 PM Justice Ablaze Gala
Saturday, April 23
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:15 AM Reflection Time
10:30 AM Closing Liturgy and Commissioning
Noon Advocates Training Ends
Cost and Hotel Information
$350 Full Price
$300 Reduced Price for Non-Profits, Congregations, Faith-Groups –
$250 Reduced Price for NETWORK members and activists –
*Scholarships are available to cover both the cost of the Advocates Training and/or hotel rooms. Learn more here.
A limited number of discounted hotel rooms are still available through our block at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. The discounted block rate is $225.00 per room per night (plus taxes). Rooms must be booked through the Advocates Training registration website and rate is not guaranteed until confirmed. (Rate can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to check in.)
Continuing the Legacy of NETWORK’s Legislative Seminars
Bring the tradition of NETWORK’s Legislative Seminars into the 21st century! Whether you are a long-time advocate with NETWORK or just joined an Advocates Team—or are interested in starting one—there will be workshop sessions for you! After the training, you will also have the opportunity to meet with your Members of Congress in-district to lobby on legislation central to NETWORK’s Build Anew policy agenda.
NETWORK is committed to reducing any risks to our Training and Gala attendees by requiring stringent safety protocols, including vaccine and mask requirements. Read more about those guidelines on our Health page. For the benefit of all who are attending, we encourage all Advocates Training participants to be especially vigilant with safety protocols in the days and weeks leading up to our gathering.