Unleash Generosity for NETWORK’s Nuns on the Bus 2020 Site Visit Organizations!
December 1, 2020
Every year on #GivingTuesday, the nonprofit community mobilizes millions of people across the globe to show up, give back, and change their communities. The goal is to create a massive wave of generosity that lasts well beyond that day, and touches every person on the planet.
This #GivingTuesday, I am incredibly thankful for the many people and organizations who have been part of NETWORK’s critical advocacy efforts this year. From pivoting to virtual lobby visits and streaming interfaith vigils, to taking Nuns on the Bus off the road and directly available to anyone with internet access, hundreds of organizations and tens of thousands of activists came together this year to build toward a shared vision of justice for our world.
If you are inspired by all that NETWORK has done this year, I invite you this #GivingTuesday to unleash generosity not only for NETWORK, but also the organizations that partnered with us for Nuns on the Bus site visits. And I hope you encourage your family and friends to do the same!
#GivingTuesday invites us to think about how we can give of ourselves to support others. Where and how you choose to give is up to you. The most important, and communal, part of this day sharing your reason for giving with your networks and encouraging them to join you.
So at NETWORK, I want to share with you the organizations who generously gave their time and brought their expertise and experiences to our Nuns on the Bus 2020 site visits. I encourage you to visit their websites listed below and learn more about their ministries. And I hope you’re moved to support the organizations that inspire you. These organizations are doing critical work in their local communities all across the country, and if you watch the videos of their site visits, you’ll see how vital and interconnected their work is with our national work for justice.
I hope you join me in giving back this #GivingTuesday!
- New Hour for Women and Children in Brentwood, NY (Watch the Event)
- New Labor in New Brunswick, NJ (Watch the Event)
- St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center in Rochester, NY (Watch the Event)
- Progress Iowa in Iowa (Watch the Event)
- St. Luke N.E.W. Life Center in Flint, MI (Watch the Event)
- Viator House of Hospitality in Chicago, IL (Watch the Event)
- Center for Worker Justice of Eastern Iowa in Iowa City, IA (Watch the Event)
- Angry Tias and Abuelas in Rio Grande Valley, TX (Watch the Event)
- Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles, CA (Watch the Event)
- Women’s Community Revitalization Project in Philadelphia, PA (Watch the Event)
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers/Alliance for Fair Food in Immokalee, FL (Watch the Event)
- Black and Brown Workers Cooperative in Philadelphia, PA (Watch the Event)
- Hemphill Community Center in Jackhorn, KY (Watch the Event)
- Faith in Public Life’s Harm Reduction Program in Columbus, OH (Watch the Event)
- New Opportunity School for Women in Berea, KY (Watch the Event)
- Sojourner Truth House in Gary, IN (Watch the Event)
- The Dream Project in Arlington, VA (Watch the Event)
- The Health Wagon in Wise, VA (Watch the Event)
- Kheprw Institute in Indianapolis, IN (Watch the Event)
- Kino Border Initiative in Nogales, AZ (Watch the Event)
- College Church Outreach Program in Saint Louis, MO (Watch the Event)
- Black Leaders Organizing for Communities in Milwaukee, WI (Watch the Event)
- Migrant Farmworkers Assistance Fund in Kansas City, MO (Watch the Event)
- Native Justice Coalition in Manistee, MI (Watch the Event)
- Cass Community Social Services in Detroit, MI (Watch the Event)