Congress Must Pass Vital COVID-19 Relief Package Before End of Year
December 7, 2020
The Advent and holiday season is a time of hope and celebration in preparation for the new year. However, COVID-19 is making celebrating the season difficult as families, essential workers, and those on the frontlines struggle to put food on the table and pay rent. People are being forced to choose between risking their health or their paychecks due to the lack of action from Congress to provide a robust pandemic relief package. This virus has affected millions of households of all backgrounds and it is time for Congress to act now.
More than 270,000 people have died from COVID-19, and millions are set to lose vital benefits and protections when the stimulus packages expire at the end of the year. As the pandemic worsens, so does the economy– which will continue to backslide without action from Congress.
Congress must pass a COVID-19 Relief Package that:
- Increases maximum SNAP benefits by 15%
- Allocates more money for housing and assistance for those experiencing homelessness
- Extends the moratorium on evictions
- Extends expanded unemployment assistance
- Expands the EITC and Child Tax Credit
- Authorizes an additional economic impact payment
Call your Senators and tell them we need COVID-19 relief NOW! We are running out of time to protect our people and their benefits.